Ten Ways to Improve New Testament Translations
This Book presents the results of a linguistic evaluation of a selection of Bible translations. It details specific areas of translation deficiencies and specifies the steps that are necessary to produce reliable scripture translations.
Read chapters of the book below, or download the entire book on the right.
**.pdf files require Adobe Acrobat to open. Get this free software here if you don’t already have it installed on your computer.
I. Understanding Language
II. Evaluating New Testament Translations
III. Ten Ways to Improve New Testament Translations
- Translate the First-Century Text
- Translate the Original Text
- Translate the Complete Text
- Translate Each Individual Text
- Translate for Real Readers
- Translate Using All Relevant Methods
- Translate the Implicit Text
- Translate Like Jesus
- Translate by Documenting Every Step
- Translate by Training Translators
To download the entire book click below: